ST. ANDREW'S CHURCH INSTITUTE, Adelaide Street West, north side, between Duncan & John Streets
Date1880
Names
Howard, Alfred Harold, 1854-1916
(author)
FormatPicture
Notes(Miniature in Howard's illuminated address; to Miss Emma Kerr George on her marriage, from the teachers & workers in St. Andrew's Institute, Toronto, 11 November 1896).
The institute (originally known as the Dorset Mission) began in a tenement on Dorset St., west side, north of Wellington St., in 1870. From about 1887 to 1890 it occupied a building on Adelaide St. W. and in 1890 moved to Nelson. St. Affiliated with St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, King St. West., south east corner of Simcoe St.
Subject
Medium
Dimensions68 x 102 mm
Language
CollectionBaldwin Collection of Canadiana
Usage Rights
Public Domain
(Learn
More)
Object NumberPICTURES-R-6832
